Monday, January 25, 2010

The Funnies

As a kid, I loved to read the sports pages, but I also liked the funny pages.

But lately, I just skip them and let Josh Fruhlinger read them for me. I don't think he's ever snarked on Tank McNamara, but he'll occasionally tackle Tank's sister strip Cleats. He's also inspired a slew of single strip bloggers like Jason Beattie of This Week In Milford. Unfortunately, GT hasn't been as fun to read since the Clambake story (or did the Kaz PI one come after that?) That's better than Mary Worth, though. It's been a big letdown ever since Aldo Kelrast took his plunge.

2 comments:

  1. I've come across another comic snark site, The Comics Section: http://thecomicssection.blogspot.com/

    He tends to one-liners, and he finds some strips I've never heard of. Not as good as the Curmudgeon, but worth checking out now & again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Devin! I'll have to keep my eye on that one. I follow http://stuckfunky.wordpress.com/, but it doesn't update that often. I suppose Funky Winkerbean is too depressing to follow on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete